- B.A. with Honors in Biology, Grinnell College
- Burnette, T.E. 2018. Narrative of difference: the effects of social class on belonging at liberal arts colleges. International Journal of Undergraduate Research and Creative Activities, 10(4): 1-24.
- Burnette, T.E, Larson, J., Schroeter, I., & Suding, K. Measuring the effects of drought in plant communities: developing functional traits to predict responses to drought. PowerPoint Presentation at Leadership Alliance National Symposium; 28 July 2018; Hartford, CT.
- Burnette, T.E. Social Class at Grinnell. PowerPoint Presentation at Grinnell College’s Social Class Awareness Week; 2017 November 15; Grinnell, IA.
- Burnette, T.E., & Eckhart, V.M. Tissue water relations and germination behavior of closely related, coexisting plant species suggest contrasting drought adaptations. PowerPoint Presentation at Midstates Consortium Biology and Psychology; 2017 November 10; St. Louis, Missouri.
- Gibson, J.M., Alto, A., & Burnette, T.E. Linking psychology of humor and cognition. Poster Presentation at the Convention of the Midwest Psychological Association; 2017 April 20; Chicago, IL.
- Pulak, A.M., Burnette, T.E., James, A.R.M., & Eckhart, V.M. Variation in water relations in a genus of arid-land winter-annual plants. Poster Presentation at Ecological Society of America; 6 August 2018; New Orleans, LA.
Fellowships, Awards, and Honors:
- Burnette, T.E. Madison and Lila Self Graduate Fellowship. University of Kansas. Total Award: $175,000. 4 years. 07/28/19-07/28/23. Funded.
- Burnette, T.E. National Science Foundation, Graduate Research Fellowship Program, Honorable Mention. 2019. Not funded.
- Burnette, T.E. QuestBridge National College Match Scholarship. Grinnell College. Total Award: $250,000. 4 years. 08/23/19-05/21/19. Funded.
- Burnette, T.E. American Society of Plant Biologists, 2018-2019 Conviron Scholar. 09/01/18-05/21/19.
- Burnette, T.E. Smith Family Senior Award in Biology, Grinnell College. Total Award: $625. Funded.
- Burnette, T.E. Goldwater Scholarship Foundation, Honorable Mention. Not funded.