I am a plant biologist interested in how microbes associate with and contribute to the function and fitness of plants. These associations include plant-pathogen interactions and microbiome-function relationships.
- Sakalidis, M.L., Medina-Mora, C., Kolp, M., and Fulbright, D.W. 2019. First report of Gnomaniopsis smithogilvyi causing chestnut brown rot on chestnut fruit in Michigan. Plant Disease Notes 103(3): 2134.
- Kolp, M.R., Fulbright, D.W., and Jarosz, A.M. 2018. Inhibition of virulent and hypovirulent cryphonectria parasitica growth in dual culture by fungi commonly isolated from chestnut blight cankers. Fungal Biology 122(10): 935-942.
- Double, M.L., Kolp, M., Jarosz, A.M., Davelos Gaines, A., Fulbright, D.W., and MacDonald, W.L. 2014. Fungi associated with hypovirulent cankers of different ages on American chestnut. Acta Horticulturae 1043: 57-65.
- Rowe, D.B., Kolp, M., Greer, S.E., and Getter, K.L. 2014. Comparison of irrigation efficiency and plant health of overhead, drip, and sub-irrigation for extensive green roofs. Ecological Engineering 64: 306-313.
- Kolp, M., Long, T., and Ebert-May, D. 2017. Transforming exams in a plant systematics using 3D-LAP. Future Academic Scholars in Teaching Fellowship Program. 11th annuam symposium. East Lansing, MI., May.
- Kolp, M. and Prather, L.A. 2016. An analysis of the changing flora of Baker Woodlot. Michigan Consortium of Botanists, Allendale, MI, October.
- Kolp, M. and Ebert-May, D. 2016. Transforming a plant systematics laboratory to emphasize the principles of scientific inquiry that better align with student learning goals. Future Academic Scholars in Teaching Fellowship program. 10th annual symposium, East Lansing, MI., May.
- Kolp, M. and Ebert-May, D. 2015. Transforming a plant systematics laboratory to emphasize the principles of scientific inquiry. Center for the Integration of Research, Teaching and Learning (CIRTL) All-Network Teaching as Research Presentation (video conference). November.