- B.S. Microbiology - Indiana University, Bloomington
- V. Bala Chaudhary, Megan A. Rúa, Anita Antoninka, James D. Bever, Jeffery Cannon, Ashley Craig, Jessica Duchicela, Alicia Frame, Monique Gardes, Catherine Gehring, Michelle Ha, Miranda Hart, Jacob Hopkins, Baoming Ji, Nancy Collins Johnson, Wittaya Kaonongbua, Justine Karst, Roger T. Koide, Louis J. Lamit, James Meadow, Brook G. Milligan, John C. Moore, Thomas H. Pendergast IV, Bridget Piculell, Blake Ramsby, Suzanne Simard, Shubha Shrestha, James Umbanhowar, Wolfgang Viechtbauer, Lawrence Walters, Gail W. T. Wilson, Peter C. Zee & Jason D. Hoeksema. 2016. MycoDB, a global database of plant response to mycorrhizal fungi. Journal of Scientific Data 3: 160028
- Hopkins, J., Huffman, J., Semenova-Nelsen, T., Platt, W.J., Sikes, B.A. Severe fire slows microbial decomposition in a fire frequented Longleaf Pine Savanna. 2019 Annual Meeting for the Ecological Society of America, Louisville, Kentucky, August 2019. Oral presentation.
- Hopkins, J., Sikes, Sikes, B.A. Fire predictably modifies fungal community structure and successional trajectory across ecosystems. Mid-West Ecology and Evolution Conference, Terre Haute, Indiana, March 2019. Poster presentation.
- Hopkins, J., Platt, W.J., Sikes, B.A. A Flammable Future: The Indirect Impact of Climate Change on Fungal Saprotrophs. 2017 Annual Meeting for the Ecological Society of America, Portland, Oregon, August 2017. Invited oral contribution.
- Hopkins, J., Bever, J.D. Observing Plant Community Dynamics in Response to Preferential Allocation and Plant Species Competition. Mid-West Ecology and Evolution Conference, Bloomington, Indiana, April 2015. Poster presentation.
Major Grants and Proposals:
- Hopkins, J. (Co-PI), Semenova-Nelsen, T., Sikes, B.A. (PI). Fungal community structure and enzymatic profiles are shaped by soil horizon and land management in a tallgrass prairie. Mycological Society of America. $4416. 12 mo. 09/2019. Funded.
Minor Grants and Honors:
- Hopkins, J. (Co-PI), Semenova-Nelsen, T., Sikes, B.A. (PI). Fungal community structure and enzymatic profiles are shaped by soil horizon and land management in a tallgrass prairie. University of Kansas Field Station. $1000. 12 mo. 04/2019. Funded.
- Hopkins, J. Temporal patterns of plant and microbe communities after fires. Prairie Biotic Research, Inc., $1000, 12 mo. Spring 2016. Funded.
- Hopkins, J. KU Graduate Scholarly Travel Fund Award. The University of Kansas. $500. 08/2019.
- Hopkins, J. KU EEB Department Travel Award. The University of Kansas. $350. 08/2017
- Hopkins, J. National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship. National Science Foundation. $138,000. 60 mo. 06/2017 – 06/2022.
- Hopkins, J. Outstanding Honor’s Thesis Award. Indiana University. $200. 05/2016.
- Hopkins, J. Graduated with “Highest Distinction.” Indiana University. 2016.
- Hopkins, J. Graduated with “Departmental Honors.” Indiana University. 2016.
- Hopkins, J. Earned rank of Eagle Scout. Boy Scouts of America. 2012